- in Art , Printable Pages by Jimmie Quick
Quotations from Artists Notebooking Pages
Artist study is one of the more rewarding and relaxing parts of our homeschool. I admit that I like having an excuse to study art that I never made time for in years earlier.
Of course, studying the art is the foundation of an artist study, but we like to add in biographies of the artists as well. Quotations by famous artists can reveal their motivations and inspirations that looking at a painting can never expose. Here is a collection of notebooking pages with four quotations. (I got these quotations from the wonderful blog Art for Homeschool.)
These four quotations are in both manuscript and cursive fonts.
- “I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for.” –Georgia O’Keeffe
- “It’s on the strength of observation and reflection that one finds a way. So we must dig and delve unceasingly.” —Claude Monet
- “I used to go and flatten my nose against that window and absorb all I could of his art. It changed my life. I saw art then as I wanted to see it.” —Mary Cassatt speaking of seeing Degas’ artwork
- “When I judge art, I take my painting and put it next to a God made object like a tree or flower. If it clashes, it is not art.” —Paul Cezanne
For making notebooking pages with quotations that you find, use the Quotations Notebooking Pages. They are blank templates that work for any excerpt or quotation.
As always, I love to hear when you use them in your homeschool. If you send me photos, I will probably feature you in a Show Off post.
I really love that Claude Monet quote. Making a note now. I love these printables. I’ve just really seen the inspiration behind notebooking. We have done lapbook components in our notebooks (no real lapbooks), but writing has been a struggle in our young children. Our 8yo has taken off in writing now, and labels everything, sentences and all, though her spelling is atrocious! 😉 Working on that now.