Notebooking isn’t just for the children. A homeschool mom needs her own well organized notebook, too. I have used one ever since my daughter began homeschooling back in Kindergarten.
Tips for Setting Up Mom’s Homeschool Notebook
- Get yourself a fat three ring binder that you can add things to and shift things around in. You will always need a thicker notebook than you expect.
- If you’re the fancy type, decorate the cover and spine of your notebook. (My notebook could use some fanci-fying.)
- Stock up on sheet protectors. Go ahead an put a dozen or so empty sheet protectors into the notebook before you even need them. They don’t take up any room at all, and they will already be there when you need one to hold a great homeschooling article, catalog, or checklist.
- Establish a home for your notebook and always store it there when it’s not in use.
- Add blank paper to your notebook for journaling. You can record milestones, frustrations, and observations. Even if you lean towards unschooling, a journal has value.
Things to Include in Mom’s Homeschool Notebook
- Whatever you use to plan and document your homeschool — a commercial planner like The Schoolhouse Planner, homemade forms, or freebies.
- Articles or quotations that you find motivating
- Teacher’s guides and curriculum schedules
- Homeschool catalogs or book lists
- Checklists (for example Starting a School Year and Life Skills for Young Adults
- Schedule forms)
- Scope and sequence charts (like these math focal points)
- Long term goals
- Feedback questions to ask your children
- A year on one page calendar– go ahead and print several years’ worth
Enjoy your spring and your newly organizing mom planner notebook.
The first two posts are
Be sure to check out these other blogs for more sprucing up tips.
Sprucing Up the Laundry Room | Mama’s Laundry Talk
Sprucing Up the School Room | Homegrown Mom
Sprucing Up the Craft Room | Many Little Blessings
Sprucing Up the Bathroom | Feels Like Home
Sprucing Up the Playroom | …Life’s About a Dream
Sprucing Up the Garage/Storage Space | A Slob Comes Clean
Sprucing Up the Master Bedroom | Raising Arrows
Sprucing Up the Kitchen | So Happy Together
Sprucing Up the Garden | An Oregon Cottage
Sprucing Up the Backyard | Successful Homeschooling