These free printables are really graphic organizers to use with the study of new vocabulary words or roots. I designed these to be used with grades four and above.
There is room for these facts about your selected word:
- example phrases or sentence — write your own for maximum learning benefit
- picture or cartoon to illustrate the word
- a breakdown of prefix, root, and suffix — fill in as applicable
- other forms of the word — adjective, noun, verb, or adverb forms
- part of speech
This layout focuses on a single root. This page has room for
- what language it comes from, usually Greek or Latin
- its meaning
- an icon or symbol that represents the meaning (get creative)
- example words using the root (I recommend you highlight the root in each example word.)
As always, I love to hear when you use the free printables from The Notebooking Fairy in your homeschool. If you send me photos, I will feature you in a Show Off post.