- in Language Arts , Printable Pages by Jimmie Quick
Vocabulary Notebooking Pages
These free printables are really graphic organizers to use with the study of new vocabulary words or roots. I designed these to be used with grades four and above. These will work with any vocabulary program or any words that you come across and want to study in more depth.
There is room for these facts about your selected word:
- example phrases or sentence — write your own for maximum learning benefit
- picture or cartoon to illustrate the word
- a breakdown of prefix, root, and suffix — fill in as applicable
- other forms of the word — adjective, noun, verb, or adverb forms
- part of speech
This layout focuses on a single root. This page has room for
- what language it comes from, usually Greek or Latin
- its meaning
- an icon or symbol that represents the meaning (get creative)
- example words using the root (I recommend you highlight the root in each example word.)
As always, I love to hear when you use the free printables from The Notebooking Fairy in your homeschool. If you send me photos, I will feature you in a Show Off post.
Farewell to the Vocab curriculum. This is perfect – thanks so much!